The position of a Traffic Control Maintainer (TCT) is the first line supervisor on all jobs that require maintenance.
Per WYDOT requirements, we must “Provide a maintainer if traffic is being diverted or protected by channelizing devices, barricades, portable signs, flagging, or pilot car operations.”
TCMTDuties (but not limited to):
- Providing a safe working environment for all TSS employees and other contractors
- Ensure the traffic control set-up provides a safe travel way for all motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Conduct themselves in a manner promoting a professional atmosphere. Must show respect for work place & coworkers.
- Possess good communication skills with customers, contractors, and engineers.
- Responsible for following/ensuring all safety rules & regulations are followed.
- Follow all TSS policies and procedures.
- Manage all flaggers and laborers assigned to the job.
- Proper set-up, adjustment, and tear-down of job sites as needed, including lane switches, moving flagger set ups, modifying road closures, etc. This includes maintaining all traffic control devices.
- Ensuring vehicles assigned to jobs are maintained properly;
- Completing and submitting all necessary paperwork