The job of a Traffic Control Flagger is the most important one on the work crew. Respectful interactions with TSS employees, DOT employees and employees of the prime contractor are critical and you must have the ability to receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly and courteously. The lives of all individuals in the workspace depend on you and how well you carry out your assigned duties listed below.
Flaggers must have proof of "Certificate of Completion" Flagger Training Card
North Dakota: For FREE online Flagger Training Go to: NDSC.org and select:
Scroll down to Flagger Training - Online
- Able to guide traffic safely through TSS work zones and protect the safety of the crews, motorist, bicyclist, pedestrians, trucks, equipment and yourself at all times.
- Be alert. NEVER turn your back on, or stand in the path of moving traffic.
- A valid drivers license is required or must have a reliable source of transportation.
- Must have good oral and written English communication skills.
- Job regularly requires one to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required to be clean, neat and fully dressed in provided safety clothing and gear at all times when on the job including but not limited to safety vest and hard hat.
- Always be prepared on each shift for changing weather and all conditions by bringing suitable safety clothing, gear and other necessary things like sunscreen, insect repellant and a water bottle.
- Flag in accordance with the "Flagger Traffic Control" handbook and direction and training provided by the Traffic Control Maintainer (TCM) and/or Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS).
- Ability to relocate depending on location of job site.
- Communicate any change to availability on scheduled shifts as soon as possible to TCM / TCS.
Click here for ONLINE JOB APPLICATION.